Monday, December 18, 2006

Handle design new thoughts

I've been pondering over the design of the handle on our cases - wondering if we can do away with the stainless steel and just have leather. I'm looking for a solution which is cleaner and simpler.

Here's a rough mock up I did last night on the classical guitar and violin cases.

IMG_4262.JPG

IMG_4260.JPG

All leather handles cu

a couple of hours after posting the above I came up with this combination of leather and steel which I think is in the right direction. The leather would be recessed into the steel.

IMG_4268.JPG

IMG_4269.JPG

category:

Calder blog home page
Calder website home page

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if your laptop cases are this sexy, people will buy the case and throw away the laptop - I'd rather stare at the case myself...

4:49 AM  
Blogger Nick CC said...

I'm really pleased and encouraged to have such an enthusiastic reaction - means a lot to me - thanks joanzi.
Nick

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the heavier laptops I would put a little spring inside the handles. Haliburton does this and it makes it easier when carrying the case.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home