Tuesday, July 06, 2010

A rant against the 'luxury' tag

I chafe that our cases are categorised as 'luxury' and mostly written about in media focussed on so called 'luxury lifestyles'.

Luxury has become a lazy marketing label used to cover almost anything - as a result has become meaningless. When Chippendale produced beautiful furniture it would never have been called 'luxury' - it was just the finest craftsmanship. A truly exceptional guitar or violin is not a luxury item - even though the latter might be worth $2m.

I am interested in performance - making things that work better, look good, last a long time. That's why I chose to hand build with carbon fibre, leather and silk velvet. That's why I've had every component specifically made for our cases.

This approach is not at all about excess or trying to make something that is very expensive - this is simply about doing the best job I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home